Saturday, July 8, 2017

On being inspired, creative and avoiding toxicity in life



"Great minds discuss ideas, average ones discuss events, and small minds discuss people"
~~  Eleanor Roosevelt (October 11, 1884 – November 7, 1962)
, longest-serving First Lady of the United States, held post from March 1933 to April 1945 during her husband President Franklin D. Roosevelt's four terms in office.


I shared this quote "Great minds discuss ideas, average ones discuss events, and small minds discuss people," by First Lady, Eleanor Roosevelt, as I have always been inspired and moved by her but especially this quote. A recent Ladders.com article titled "10 Toxic People You Should Avoid Like the Plague," excerpted this quote and brought it back to my attention. Of course I've shared this article both on LI and FB. What strikes me most is how relevant this has been for me in my life.

Better to listen, better to look, best to speak less - thats why we have 2 eyes, 2 ears and just 1 mouth. The more one ignores ignorance, moves away from toxicity (whether at work or with family) and instead observes, imagines, lives, loves, laughs, etc., the more success one has. Be it accomplishing goals, making dreams become real, or simply trying out new things. And it's not rocket science to know how turning negative energy into positive energy leads to many pleasures and surprises in life.

Another article that really inspires me is an allthingsdigitalmarketing blog posting titled "Private Sessions with Be Beautiful Pilates," by Andrea Goldstein. I was immediately drawn to it not just from the title, but the opening sentence provided a wealth of perspective and intrigue that made me want to read the entire article right away. I learned the importance of motivation, and why one should never feel insecure about trying out new things while being comfortable in your own body/skin.


Now to creativity and my invention. When I first started my journey to the world of ideas, invention and now to actual product, I never realized how important the virtues of patience and persistence were going to be. Thank goodness the loooooong enduring process that I'm experiencing is indeed worth every nanosecond of sweat and breath I've put into myelashCurler. I'm so excited to report to everyone that the first sample run is in - YAY! After testing, I realize a bit more R&D is needed and I should know more soon. I'm awaiting more feedback before myelashCurler becomes what I imagine it to be - complete, polished, product and works seamlessly as I know it will. Stay tuned as more information will be on the way soon. Bookmark myelash.com or myelashCurler.com ~ you go to the same place either way :) See ya soon.

#creativity #invention #ideas #myelash.com #myelashCurler.com #inspiration #EleanorRoosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment